Monday, August 15, 2011

Desert Inspirations...

Dry times… we all have them.
Whether it’s because you’re too stubborn to accept what God is trying to do in your life, or if you just simply can’t see the sunshine anymore.
You know He’s still there. But for some reason you can’t bring yourself to believe that there’s a silver lining in that cloud.
Sometimes the desert and wasteland is so long, so hot, and so tiring that we would give anything for just one drop of hope in our thirsty hearts.
If you feel like this, you’re not alone.
But He loves the world… so much.

Times are dry. You are thirsty. You haven’t seen the sun in days – perhaps weeks or even months. It’s cloudy, but the clouds do not release the rain you crave… all they do is hinder your focus.
You’re starting to lose hope.
It’s hard to choose to believe that your beloved Jesus is still there.
But let hope arise and darkness will tremble in His holy light…

A prayer in the desert – a heart’s cry from a throat cracking with tears. Your only sustenance is tears. And half the time you don’t even know why or how you got here.
But in the end you find something else sustains – His Love.
His love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me.
So when all else fails and all you see is desert for miles around you… reach out a weary hand and grasp firmly the waiting hand of the beloved.
His grace sustains. His love is water to a soul craving life and hope.
Hear the voice of the beloved calling you out of the wilderness.

The LORD will guide you continually,
      And satisfy your soul in drought,
      And strengthen your bones;
      You shall be like a watered garden,
      And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
Isaiah 58:11

This has been my season.
But as of tonight I refuse to believe the lies that the enemy of my soul would have me discouraged by.
This is my honest unguarded moment to my readers…
I was wrong, and I’m sorry I gave up on His dreams for me for a little while.
A desert is exactly what it sounds like… but I am not deserted.
My Beloved, Jesus is a well – living water.
So here I am… believing. Waiting. Yearning for more of Him.
Dreaming again and living a life of faith in a God bigger than my circumstances.
A slap in the face with truth, is better than lies with a kiss…
Or as Proverbs says…
Wounds from a sincere friend
      are better than many kisses from an enemy.  

Thanks to the sincere friends who stood by me through this desert. I can’t promise I won’t need more encouragement… but this is my heart’s cry tonight that you would read this and understand where I’ve been.
I’m thinking of love like a fire… did you know that when you’re at your driest time, that’s when the fire can catch the easiest?
Perhaps that’s why He leads us through the desert times… so we can be better prepared for the fire that will refine us into who He created us to be.

Just some thoughts I had this Monday night… J

One last thing to leave you with… a voice of truth.
He knows me, He knew everything in my life would happen before I did.
And He still WANTS me!
and you too… don’t give up! Ok? Let His love sustain you.
 The Message:

The song: 


No comments:

Post a Comment