Saturday, February 11, 2012

Incoherent static - Day 3 of 40


Day 3 of 40…

(Disclaimer: If you’re wondering why I’m up so late it has nothing to do with the fact that I was up at 5:30 this morning. ;-) however… I promised. So I’m sorry if this doesn’t make sense.)

Today I am thinking about being coherent.
I am the best person at just blaming everything on the fact that I’m tired or low on caffeine.
Incoherent is an epidemic of my mind.
Being incoherent can affect everything in a day. From emotions to music choice, to whatever little thoughts are going thru your brain at the time.
What do I mean?
Well think about it.
Did you wake up excited about life this morning?
I sure did.
How do you feel about the day now? The same?
Or did something switch your brain to incoherent mode?
Something switched mine today.
Woke up feeling awesome… ended up with a bad attitude by 9:30 am.
By afternoon I was doubting myself and – indirectly – God’s plan for my life.
Hah… yeah. Guess who had a wake-up call with Purpose Driven Life Day #3 on my lunch break. :P

On Day 3 we read these words:
“The greatest tragedy is not death, but life without purpose... Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning.”

Who gives meaning to life? God.
Let me ask you this question… what is the opposite of give?
TAKE!
Who is the nemesis of God?
SATAN!
So WHO takes meaning out of life? Satan.
And one last, sobering question…
What is the opposite of life?
Death.

Jesus says:
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. (John 10:10)

God HAS a purpose for your life!
And there’s an enemy who wants nothing more than to make you disbelieve that. Because if Satan succeeds in making you think that you’re not good enough, then he has a control over you. Only you can give him that control. But only the power of God can give you freedom from that.
You have a choice.
Believe God’s purposes for your life and start letting that sink into your heart and mind.
Or, you can let Satan win.

Today I was in a rotten mood.
But let me finish by sharing what lifted me out of that.
God used an amazing friend of mine to encourage me. J
She didn’t even realize it at the time.
My dear friend Amanda decided to join my crazy 40-day-challenge and blog right along with me.
(she’s an AWESOME writer!! Check her out at: www.madeforamission.tumblr.com )
She’s one day behind me in the 40, so today she was blogging on day #2.
Her words encouraged and filled me with hope for my future and my friends’ futures.
My favourite thing to do is dream for the future (more on this later) and the places God will take me. So her encouragement made my dreams soar!
I wish I could tell you my day got better – it didn’t. At least the circumstances didn’t.
But today just goes to show that a kick in the rear from an encouraging friend (tho she didn’t know it) can put your life into perspective so that God can shine thru the clouds of incoherency and say “hey! Remember where we’re going? I’m driving this train. And we’re gonna make it. I know the way.”

So let Him show up.
Let the incoherent fog fade away and fill your heart and mind with bright shiny hope for the future.

“I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.”
Jeremiah 29:11-13 (The Message) 

No comments:

Post a Comment