Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Falling in Love with Jesus ♥


February 15, 2012

Day 8 of 40! J

Made it through the first week!
Even tho my last 2 blogs haven’t been about the book, I’ve still been reading it.
Great foundational truth in day 6 & 7… so excited to dive in to the next week with you though!

Purpose #1: You were planned for God’s pleasure!

Worship… where do I start with a topic so near to my heart?

I have been on a journey of worship in the last year or 2.
I love that in this book, Rick Warren describes how music is not the ONLY form of worship.
For a long time I fell into the misconceptions of what worship really was.
It’s not just merely going to church and singing songs with your church family… it must consume your entire lifestyle.
Think of it this way, if you were  in love with someone, would you really just tell him (or her if you’re a guy reading this) for half an hour (if that) once a week??
NO WAY!
If you want to keep a relationship going, you need to communicate love through actions, words, not looking around at other things that might distract you from your love!
I guess that’s why the Bible describes the human heart as wicked and adulterous.
So often we forget that “worship” is not just a once a week deal… but it is an entire lifestyle!
It’s as simple as constantly thinking of ways you can show Jesus you love Him.
As I said yesterday… HE LOVES YOU!
So why don’t we actively love him back?

Think of ways you can love him.
It could be trusting him in a new area of your life.
Could be selflessly giving of your time or resources to something (or someone) God has placed on your heart.
Perhaps it’s as simple as carving out some time in your day just to spend time with Him!
I mean, if you’re really in a relationship with Jesus, wouldn’t it be great if he heard from you once in a while? Or maybe you don’t have a problem taking your issues to him… but maybe you need to just get quiet and listen for a while. He’ll talk to you, I guarantee it!

It’s an unconventional style of love he has called us to… but it really is simply falling in Love with Jesus. J

We’re all created to worship… it’s built in. hardwired into our very souls.
But as long as we’re distracted our worship gets SO misdirected!
He’s done everything for us… He is worthy.
And his favour, grace, love, and unending pleasure will pour out on you as you find practical ways to worship.

I am going to challenge myself to find one new way to worship Him this week.
I challenge you to do the same.

Psalm 147:11
Contemporary English Version (CEV)
The LORD is pleased only with those who worship him and trust his love.

Falling in Love with Jesus all over again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment