Thursday, February 23, 2012

I had a talk with Jesus today... Day 16


Day 16 of 40

Matthew 25:34-40
Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Enter, you who are blessed by my Father! Take what's coming to you in this kingdom. It's been ready for you since the world's foundation. And here's why:
   I was hungry and you fed me,
   I was thirsty and you gave me a drink,
   I was homeless and you gave me a room,
   I was shivering and you gave me clothes,
   I was sick and you stopped to visit,
   I was in prison and you came to me.'
Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

            - Jesus -

Love…
Jesus is the ultimate picture of Love.
Today I was thinking about Jesus and talking with him as I did things around my house.
I was listening to the song “I see Jesus”, sung by Kim Walker (also mentioned on day #12) and I suddenly felt his presence so much (remember, worship him and he shows up… really incredible).
I felt like he said to me, “Michelle. I could have chosen not to go to the cross. But then I thought of you, and I knew I had to. Even if it had only been for you, I still would have gone.”
Wow. How can a girl respond… except by loving him and wanting to do anything for him.

“With one breath He could’ve spoke to end it all,
But instead He cried ‘Father forgive them’.”
                                                - Kim Walker – I see Jesus

During that moment it was as if I could see Him on the cross and I wondered why there couldn’t have been an easier way to save us… but with his “Even if it had only been for you”, I knew that it had to be that way. He could have spoke one word and just gone straight back up to heaven. But what of the people He loved? Even if he could have saved his disciples and anyone else right then and there (but from a justice point of view he still would’ve had to take THEIR punishment, because they were sinners too)… He looked ahead. He saw a future of people He wanted in heaven with Him someday, and He knew He had to die.
After all, He loves YOU... and you weren't even born yet. :)

John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

What is your response to this?
Does it tug on your heart a little?
Does it make your eyes water?
I hope this message of love moves you to action.
Because, you see… its like in the verse I opened with.
Love is not love unless it moves us to take immediate action.
It may look crazy to everyone around you! Even some of your closest friends may not understand…
Who in this world is God calling you to love?
It may even just be for a moment… bringing a smile to a stranger’s face in passing… giving money to that person God has laid on your heart.
Or it may even last for a lifetime.
How does one lay down his life for his friends?
Die to your selfish desires and start getting out there and sharing His love across this globe.
Love Revolution. J
Even to the least of these…

Crossroads Haiti Trip 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment